Kryolan TV Paint Stick Foundation - Review, Shade selection and Tips to use
Feb 10, 2015 - Zubaida -
It has been asked many times for a review on Kryolan's Tv paint sticks and how to choose colors because it is one foundation which is widely used around us. I have known this stick as long as i have known any makeup. This stick is mostly used for party makeup where you can bear heavy coverage. Many wanted to know the proper method to use paint stick as it gives heavy coverage so mostly we get cakey and patchy look while building it. I am not pro but have been using this stick for quite some time and by this time i have learnt the proper method to use it. So in today's post i will be sharing my thoughts with some tips on how to use this foundation stick and few shade selections.
How to find your skin undertone here
Kryolan TV Paint Stick for Pink undertones (Cool)
- 1W too pale skin
- 2W/3W is for fair skin
- 3W/4W is for fair to medium skin
- 5W for medium pigmented skin
- 6W for tanned/darker skin tones
- Ivory for too fair/pale skin
- Nb/F1 is for fair skin
- Fs45/Fs54 for fair to medium skin
- Fs38 for Medium skin
- Fs36/Fs33 for tanned/dark skin
How to use Kryolan TV Paint StickAs the texture is very thick creamy in stick form so you need to keep few things in mind to use it.
- Scrub and cleanse your skin to get rid of dirt and dead skin
- Moisturize your face according to your skin type and leave few minutes to get it absorbed
- Apply primer to get flawless and long lasting application
- Now apply stick directly on your face at different areas
- Now blend it with damp sponge starting from center and moving outwards of the face, you can use your fingers as well but damp sponge will give you more even application
- Lastly dust your face lightly with translucent/setting powder to avoid creasing. My most favorite one is Kryolan yellow loose powder
This stick can be used for every skin type with some proper method. If you have dry skin use it with heavy moisturizer and if you have oily skin you can use light moisturizer and mattifying primer or setting spray and it will last almost whole day. The one more good thing about it is that it will not oxidize and the color will remain same whole day. I found that best way to apply this foundation is with damp sponge because it glides and spread very smoothly. Some prefer to use fingers which is good option as well but i feel using brushes are not very helpful. With this foundation you will not need any other concealer to hide dark circles, red spots or blemishes. As it has creamy texture it can crease so you need to set it with setting powder or translucent powder. I love using Kryolan translucent powder to prevent creasing. You can also use it for daily purpose with very light coverage, just use very little and blend evenly. You can use Dermacol makeup cover foundation which have more creamy formula but with equally intense pigmentation and coverage.
Best Setting powder for Kryolan TV Paint Stick : Kryolan translucent powder
Overall this Kryolan TV Paint Stick is perfect for medium to heavy coverage for special occasions hiding all the flaws on your skin.
- Medium to heavy coverage
- Very long lasting
- Doesn't oxidize
- Budget friendly
- Wide range of shades
- Multi purpose
- Product lasts very long
Not in Favor
- Need effort to get flawless finish
- Getting perfect shade is difficult
- Proper removing is must to avoid breakouts
Kryolav TV Paint Stick is priced around PKR1200 and can be found on leading stores.