8 Eyeliner Hacks Every Woman Needs to Know
Aug 21, 2017 - Guest -
If you have spent any amount of time on social media or YouTube then you will know just how popular makeup tutorials are. That’s all well and good but the average person can’t pull off the looks they do in these videos and not just because they are excruciatingly time-consuming – they also use up a week’s supply of makeup in one face!
Makeup can literally transform your face and give you the boost you need to face your day. It can provide you with the much-needed boost to your self-esteem that you’ve been looking for and allows you to carry yourself with confidence. Of course, life would be easier if there were simple hints and tips that someone without makeup training can accomplish at home without special tools. Well, here is a bit of good news for you makeup lovers, there are some incredible eyeliner hacks that absolutely every woman needs to know. The best part is that anyone can do them and you don’t need expensive makeup brands to pull them off.
1. Warm Your PencilThe most budget friendly eyeliner can be applied with pencils and yes, eyeliner pencils can become dry which tends to score the skin making the application process wholly uncomfortable. You can use a hair dryer to warm it up before you use it, and this will help you achieve a controlled texture. Alternatively, you can use a lighter which gives you a gel like texture. Though, always test the pencil on your hand before you then use it on your eyes – you don’t want to burn your eyelids and you want to make sure you have the right texture, too. If you just happen to be looking to make your own liquid eyeliner you can use the lighter trick to achieve it without forking out for new makeup.
2. Make It Last All Day LongIf you want eye makeup that lasts as long as you do then set your eyeliner with eye shadow to match. Giving your lids that light dusting of shadow (that matches your eye liner shade wise) will ensure your makeup sticks with you all day.
3. The Combination LookIf you struggle to create a precise line when you use liquid eyeliner, fear not, there’s a tip for that. First, apply pencil eyeliner and then apply liquid eyeliner. Your liquid liner will stick thanks to the pencil and it isn’t too difficult to remove it if you manage to get off track. It’s the perfect guideline to hack your way to perfection.
4. Getting the Perfect Straight LineYou may know that a business card is a versatile makeup tool, but did you know what it can do for your eyeliner game? It’s almost impossible to capture a perfectly straight line when applying eyeliner, but with a business card, it can be done. Better yet, it’s also the ideal option if you want to perfect your cat eye look. If your eyeliner has gone awry and there are mistakes to be fixed, you can do so by applying eyeliner that matches your skin tone. Another great way to achieve that cat eye look is with a spoon. Use the curves and edges to create your look by using the handle for the angled line and the curve for the flick. Just fill it in and you’re set.
5. Always Start from The External CornerIf you want to apply your eyeliner like a professional then never start at the inner corner of your eye. Choose the shape you want to execute and then start your line from your eye’s external corner. This will make life far easier and help you achieve a natural look.
6. Highlighting Your EyesThis hack is great no matter what type of look you want to achieve. It will balance dark tones, brighten your eyes, and make them look bigger. Simply apply a sweep of white eyeliner across your waterline. Give your eyes another lift by using the same white eyeliner to highlight your brows. It will give your brows more definition and shape if you apply the white pencil below and above your eyebrows. The white eyeliner pencil is seriously underestimated.
7. Sharpen Up the Rough LinesIf you struggle to get a sharp line then this tip is ideal for fixing up those wayward lines. Soak a cotton bud in some petroleum jelly or oil based remover and then clearly define your line by applying the bud to the bottom of the rough line. It’s a quick and easy way to correct makeup mistakes when you’re in a hurry.
8. Get the Natural LookAre you frustrated with your inability to capture a natural look when you apply your eyeliner? Well, when you apply it ensure that it’s between your lashes, rather than right across your lash line.
There are plenty of hacks you can use when applying eyeliner and these are some of the most efficient hacks out there which will help you grow your makeup skills.
Tags: Eye Linercomments powered by Disqus