1. Face Massaging
Indulging in a soothing face massage has long been a treasured practice for promoting relaxation and enhancing skin health. The addition of nourishing and luxurious oils to this ritual takes the experience to a whole new level. Face massaging oils are more than just skincare products, they are the embodiment of self-care and rejuvenation. As your fingertips dance across your skin, these oils work in harmony to provide hydration, improve circulation, and deliver a radiant glow. You can also use facial oils with gua sha to get extra benefits for skin care.
Best Massage Oil
- Velona Cold Pressed Jojoba Oil
- Life-Flo Pure Grapeseed Oil
- Life Flo, Pure & Organic Cold Pressed Rosehip Seed Oil
- Advanced Clinicals Collagen Lifting Body Oil
2. Skin Hydration
Unlike the rest of the body, your face is always exposed to external impacts. Sun, wind, various pollutants, and heat can have a detrimental effect on a facial epidermis. Besides micro-damage, these factors can dry out the cuticle and make it flaky and prone to irritation.
In this case, your skin needs both re-hydration and protection from external factors. Experts recommend flax-seed or coconut oil, which you will apply directly to dry areas - cheeks, cheekbones, and forehead. If you have dry skin, sesame oil is great option which is rich in healthy fatty acids and vitamins that nourish and hydrate the epidermis will help.
These products also have lipophilic properties. It means that they penetrate the deeper layers of the epidermis, from where they expel toxins. At the same time, they protect the natural moisture in the cells. That helps build a natural protective layer on the surface, which prevents further drying.
Best Hydrating Oils
- IMAGE Skincare Vital C Hydrating Facial Oil
- Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate Face Serum
- Palmer's Coconut Monoi Luminous Hydration Facial Oil
- FaceTory Sunflower Glow Hydrating Facial Oil
- The Body Shop Oils of Life Intensely Revitalising Facial Oil
- Sky Organics Organic Skin Smoothing Grapeseed Oil
3. For Pores and Wrinkles
Clogged pores cause most pimple issues. All kinds of bad stuff can get stuck in these tiny holes. Excess sebum, dirt, dust, and various other particles can cause inflammation on the surface. That is how acne and pimples form.
Excess sebum can be easily removed by oil cleansing method. That will give the final cleansing effect on your face. Make sure to choose the right product for yourself. For application to oily skin, you should opt for lighter oils. Their molecules easily penetrate the skin. Look for tinctures of almonds, argan, and jojoba.
Best Cleansing Oil
- Plant Therapy Cleansing Oil for Oily Skin
- Plant Therapy Oil Facial Cleanser for Normal/Dry
- Sky Organics Youth Boost Makeup Cleansing Oil
- Soo'AE Hemp Dreams Cleansing Oil
4. As Anti-inflammatory
Although this is not their primary purpose, some face oils have anti-inflammatory properties. You can use them to treat subcutaneous infections, rashes, or superficial irritations. All inflammation occurs due to dirt and bacteria that accumulate in the pores. In this case, the use of facial products has a double benefit.
The most used products with anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties are oils based on chamomile, tea tree, pomegranate, and aloe vera. The latter is especially suitable for use if you have sensitive skin. It has a light texture, and aloe vera is known for its soothing effect.
Best Anti-inflammatory Oils
- The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil
- Mayan's Secret Organic Cold Pressed Marula Oil
- Provence Beauty Clarify + Hydrate Facial Oil
- Dermactin-TS Turmeric Hydrating and Clarifying Facial Oil
5. Preparing Face for Makeup
The goal of makeup is to emphasize your beauty, not to hide it. Without a quality foundation, it won't give the full effect. A clean and nourished face is the best primer for applying other beauty cosmetics. If your face has a natural glow, you don't have to suffocate it with too much makeup.
Facial oils can be used as primers. Find the one that suits your skin type, because no product is universally applicable. The application of this product is the last step in facial care. It penetrates the epidermis fast without leaving it greasy. Apply the oil with a gentle finger massage. That will stimulate micro-circulation and restore your face's natural freshness.
Best Primer Oil
- NYX Professional Makeup Hydra Touch Oil
- Physicians Formula Natural Defense Protect Your Primer Oil
- MOIRA Cosmetics Beautifying Primer Oil
6. For Anti-Aging
As for wrinkles, they can appear on face sooner or later. You can't prevent their formation, but their visibility can be reduced. With the proper face care, you can diminish all those fine lines and even delay for quite long time naturally. Argan and grape-seed-based products are rich in antioxidants and vitamins E and D. These compounds prevent the harmful effects of free radicals and make wrinkles less visible.
Best Anti-Aging oil
- Nea Naturals Barbary Fig Beauty Oil
- Desert Essence Restorative Face Oil
- Burt's Bees Hydrating & Anti-Aging Facial Oil
From lightweight blends for daytime rejuvenation to rich formulas for nighttime indulgence, there's an array of oils waiting to pamper your skin and elevate your self-care routine. Proper facial care is essential to keep your skin supple and hydrated. Facial oils are just cherry on top giving you a healthier, more radiant complexion from within. Minimal amounts of these products can give miraculous effects. Use them daily, and the difference will be noticeable very quickly.