Benefits and Usage of Lavender Essential Oil
Jun 08, 2017 - Zubaida -
Lavender Essential oil is most famous and used around the world and the usage goes beyond ancient history. The pleasant aroma and a lot of healthy benefits of this oil makes it versatile and the reason it is used in many products and perfumes. The most advised attribute of this oil is that it ease the tension and emotional stress. It help with restless sleep and its calming effect create an environment where you can rest easily. For this purpose you can inhale it by rubbing between palms, apply on feet with mixing in lotion/carrier oil. To make your environment feel calm and relax use it in diffuser.
This oil is also known for its healing property. With cuts, bruising or burns this oil not only prevent infection but speed up the recovery because of its anti-microbial property. Mixing it with carrier oil like coconut or olive oil soothes all injuries including sunburns and help it heal quickly. It also helps with bacterial or fungal infections and if you face with foot toes fungus this oil is your answer. Its nice smell can get you rid of bad odor from your home, closets or other belongings. Just make lavender spray with mixing water and few drops of this oil for this purpose.
The soothing property of this oil makes it favorite in skin care products as it soothes irritating skin whether because of dry-sensitive skin or because of any allergy, after wax or after shave bumps. It has strong antioxidants which help regenerate skin cells and slow the aging signs. Its ability to retain moisture and soothing effect helps with eczema and psoriasis and at the same time is perfect for dry hand, cuticles and lips. You can make DIY hand lotions, cuticle lotions and lip balms to combat with dry and chapped skin. Its anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties help with acne and improve skin complexion.
Benefits of Lavender Essential Oil
- Gives soothing and calming effect
- Help with restless sleep and head ache
- Heal burns, cuts and bruising
- Protect from fungus and bacterial infections
- Help with eczema, psoriasis, irritated skin and acne
- Slow aging signs
- Good for dry hands, cuticles and lips
Usage of Lavender Essential Oil
- Use in diffuser for nice smelling surrounding
- Inhale or massage it mixing in carrier oil for soothing and calming effect
- Add in DIY face serums, scrubs and body lotions for skin issues
- Apply on injuries by mixing it in coconut oil or olive oil
- Add in bath to relax body and mind